Blog Archive

Monday, August 12, 2024

Recording Methods for Solo Play

It's been a couple weeks since my last game.  While I've had other "life stuff" to attend to on my days off, I'd have to be honest and say that the thought of sitting down to play a game, but recording it using a detailed written recording method like I've been utilizing, has somewhat stalled my game.  It's supposed to be fun, right?  It feels a bit too much like work to write my game out in detail.  I don't enjoy writing.  And while I recognized this early on, I'm already burned-out from the process.  My original purpose was to provide a window into how I solo my RPGs, but this is a hobby for me, and I feel like my detailed recording has served its purpose.  I'm not sure how many followers I have that are dropping by to read the entries - analytics suggests some interest, but I have to say that I think I'll be indefinitely pausing the game for now - at least publicly.  

I'm not sure to what extent I'll continue recording and posting the game on this blog; I might move to an audio format.  

1 comment:

  1. I have been keeping an eye on you. Fun fact, if you keep the page open it never updates with new posts.
    I have found that recording my solo play helps motivate me and help me enjoy what I'm doing.
    You do whatever makes the most fun for you!

    ReplyDelete

Recording Methods for Solo Play

It's been a couple weeks since my last game.  While I've had other "life stuff" to attend to on my days off, I'd have ...